Development Manager | Amro Real Estate Partners
Functie omschrijving Development Manager | Amro Real Estate Partners
About The Company:
Amro Partners (Amro) is a London-based real estate developer and operator. Amro specializes in developing and managing student housing (PBSA) and multi-family (BTR) residential assets in the UK, Spain and Portugal.
The business was co-founded by Raj Kotecha and Ami Kotecha and the team now totals c. 60 professionals across development, investment, operations and management.
Amro completed its first project in 2012, and now has a track record of c. 3,000 PBSA/co-living beds and 1,691 BTR units completed and under development, with a total GDV value of +€950m.
Amro works as a vertically integrated platform. This full lifecycle approach allows Amro to manage asset quality and cost, increase delivery speed, improve efficiency and ultimately drive value for stakeholders. It means that buildings are always being designed with an operational mindset to drive longevity and the highest ESG credentials.
The company is willing to expand to Continental Europe, with Netherlands, Belgium and Germany as target countries, and opened an Amsterdam office in Q2 22. Within these countries, Amro will be focused on PBSA, targeting to acquire projects which totalizes at least 3,000 beds during the next 2 to 3 years.
About The Role:
We seek to recruit a proactive, dynamic, and passionate individual as Development Manager (“DM”), eager to lead the development side of the business in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Working closely with the European Development Director (“EDD”), the DM will play an essential role being the responsible for the development and delivery of Amro’s PBSA projects in the region, with each project ranging from 150 to 300 beds. The company is aiming to build a portfolio of significant presence in the region.
The location of the role is in Amsterdam.
- Client representation and coordination with plot sellers / developers / main contractors and professional team during all the development lifecycle.
- Preparation of acquisition appraisals and feasibility reports prior to site / development acquisitions.
- Work closely with EDD and appointed consultants in Netherlands on submission of applications for municipal consent and / or monitor licensing process by developers.
- Assist EDD on monitoring the development company in charge of project/s.
- Assist EDD on tendering and procurement of development / construction contracts when needed.
- Manage / Monitor design development process with development / design team.
- Being independent and proactive.
Functie eisen Development Manager | Amro Real Estate Partners
- At least 6-to-8-year valuable real estate experience, preferably within the PBSA, BTR, residential and co-living sectors.
- Architecture, M&E Eng., Project Management and/or Development back-ground required.
- Strong track record of project delivery capabilities working in a developer, construction or Project Manager company.
- Strong track record dealing with public entities regarding license /zoning change processes.
- Deep contact network, including agents, developers, constructors and architects, among others.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to handle a fast-space and output-driven company.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and capable to adapt to a changing environment.
- Fluent English and Dutch is a must.
- Able to travel through the region, UK and Iberia, among others.
If you are interested in this position please send your application (in English) to Jaron Bollegraaf (email@example.com) and for questions you can contact him on this number +31 (0) 6 430 38 333.
Solid Recruitment (Netherlands) is an international recruitment agency which offers unique career opportunities in the real estate sector.