Junior Associate - Analyst - Europe
Functie omschrijving Junior Associate - Analyst - Europe
Our client is a recognized international real estate fund.
Role Outline: To be an integral part of the International Asset Management team, working to create and preserve value in a mixed sector portfolio. The portfolio is spread over serveral countries in Europe and is predominantly comprised of single tenant sale and leaseback assets. Our clients goal is to create value by developing additional properties for our tenant businesses, extending lease lengths, funding property expansions, capital expenditure opportunities, achieve tenant credit rating upgrades. They have very close relationships with their tenant businesses and aim to be the first contact when an opportunity arises.
Role Specifics: The role will be varied and the following is a summary of some of the day-to-day activities you will be involved in:
- Cash flow modelling – for a new expansion, a sale, a lease extension, a new building development;
- Tenant company financial underwriting – examine the latest company financials, business sector analysis, the market, any recent company news, speak with the tenant management, present findings to the management;
- Portfolio specific R&D projects – analysing our portfolio by sector, building specifics, putting into a presentation to be discussed with senior management in Amsterdam and the USA;
- Lease analysis – be aware of lease extension options, tenant’s right to renew, expansion options, rent review clauses, default scenarios, communication with lawyers;
- Loan analysis – reviewing 3rd party senior loans to analyse for loan pay off, negotiate repayment at a discount to par, loan extension, communication with lenders;
- Memo writing and presentation – Be part of a small team to identify value-creation opportunities, produce detailed memoranda and present to senior management.
Functie eisen Junior Associate - Analyst - Europe
- Candidate needs to be willing to work hard with enthusiasm. A self-starter with focus and discipline. Enjoy working in a team environment but often on solo projects;
- Financially minded – confidence with cash flows and modelling;
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken is essential for the role – other language skills are a bonus;
- Confidence to put your ideas forward in a group environment;
- Intellectual curiosity and analytically minded;
- Willing to travel when needed for property inspections and management meetings.
Our client will provide training where needed in Excel, Argus, Capital IQ, financial underwriting, legal contract analysis, memo writing, negotiation presentation skills.
If you are interested in this position you can send your application (in English) to Robbert Jan Meerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and for questions you can conact Robbert Jan on this number +31(0)6–43038330.
Solid Recruitment (Netherlands) is an international recruitment agency which offers unique career opportunities in the real estate sector.