Real Estate Asset Manager | Fidelity International
Functie omschrijving Real Estate Asset Manager | Fidelity International
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future. Our people are passionate, engaged, intelligent and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
About Real Estate
Fidelity International has always believed it is in the best interests of its investors to be real specialists in the field of asset management. As the company is independent and privately owned, it has a substantial capital base established over several decades, enabling it to invest in long term strategies for the development of the business.
The real estate division was founded in 2006 and launched its first funds for institutional investors in 2008, since when it has attracted a range of blue-chip clients from the UK, continental Europe and Asia. Current real estate AuM is in the region of €2 billion with around two thirds of that capital being deployed in continental Europe. The experienced team of fund managers, analysts and operations professionals are based in six locations across Europe (London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich and Luxembourg). The team has established strong performance track records (our fund performance is consistently amongst the very best in each respective peer group over the short, medium and long term) and we are now building on this success by both growing our existing flagship funds, and further developing the business by launching new funds. There is a strong growth trajectory to our real estate business, and this will translate into increasing demand for asset management in our key markets, such as The Netherlands. As a long-term investor, our goal is to be one of the major real estate fund managers in Europe.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for active management including negotiating terms with tenants and potential tenants, exploring change of use potential and undertaking refurbishment work.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for sustainability initiatives such as reducing energy consumption, water use and waste, negotiating “green” lease clauses, engaging with tenants and with the local community to further this cause, etc..
- Managing new lettings and lease renewals, both legal and financial.
- Actively managing strategic tenant relationships.
- Engage with tenants to answer any question about their accommodation and provide excellent service.
- Maximising income and managing property level costs for let and vacant units.
- Liaising with and overseeing relevant third parties such as property managers, technical advisors, brokers, marketing managers and lawyers.
- Preparing and implementing of annual business plans for each asset.
- Inspecting assets regularly.
- Taking ownership of (i.e. providing, regularly reviewing and, if necessary, correcting) the “Golden Source” data for all the assets in The Netherlands.
Investment Support (purchases and sales)
- Inspecting, analysing and appraising of potential investments (including developments) on a cash flow basis, working with other team members.
- Providing professional, technical input on recommendations for purchases and sales.
- Assisting in instructing, reviewing and evaluating appropriate due diligence, including ESG Audits and technical due diligence.
- Contributing to budgeting an appropriate business plan for each asset that is to be acquired.
- Identifying assets whose performance has peaked, carrying out appraisals and arranging for disposals.
- Providing written contributions to fund reports, including commentary on asset management.
- Where necessary, writing or contributing to reports to financing banks.
- Reviewing and updating business plans for individual assets.
- Preparing written recommendations on ad hoc asset management initiatives for internal committees and clients.
- Presenting asset updates to internal committees and external clients.
- Review service charge reconciliation and maintenance budgets.
- Assisting in the Growth of the Business
Networking within the real estate market.
- Establishing relationships and negotiating arrangements for our funds.
- Supporting capital raising and marketing initiatives, working alongside Fidelity’s marketing specialists, and potentially involving client meetings, conducting market tours for clients etc..
Functie eisen Real Estate Asset Manager | Fidelity International
- The successful candidate should possess a relevant academic degree (like Real Estate & Finance or Economics). An additional master’s degree would be beneficial.
- The candidate should already have c. 3 to 7 years’ experience in real estate asset management, with an understanding of how individual assets contribute to portfolio risk and performance.
- The candidate is likely to have been responsible for managing real estate for a Dutch or European core or core-plus fund.
- Familiarity with the main commercial use classes (office, retail and industrial/logistics) as well as an understanding of lease structures, landlord & tenant obligations and general market practices is essential.
- Experience of asset management, including for example refurbishments, lettings and change of use is essential with a proven ability to identify, negotiate and execute asset management initiatives.
- Familiarity with sustainability concepts as they apply to real estate and the urban environment, including experience with GRESB and with specific initiatives to improve a fund’s GRESB score would be beneficial.
- Some experience of investment and valuation would be beneficial.
- The candidate will be motivated by the opportunity to play a role in the growth of a fund management business.
- The candidate will have good working knowledge of all aspects of relevant IT systems (Microsoft Office, real estate specific management and accounting software such as YARDI, and real estatespecific valuation & appraisal software such as Argus Enterprise).
- RICS qualified or be willing to work towards this.
- The individual should be analytical and highly numerate, with an eye for detail, and a good understanding of the Dutch real estate market.
- Professional, confident individual who is commercially-minded, proactive and driven by results.
- Pragmatic, flexible and “hands-on” and able to work effectively in a small team. The successful candidate must be able to work to a large extent independently and in a structured manner such that they are able to manage a number of assets efficiently and in parallel.
- Ability to work efficiently with colleagues in various business areas and geographies.
- The candidate is a strong communicator and negotiator.
- Motivated by the long-term opportunities presented by this role and will be committed to growing professionally with the business.
- A high level of personal integrity and focus on the customer is essential.
- Excellent command of the Dutch language is a prerequisite (preferably mother-tongue), and good command of the English language (spoken and written) is important. German and French language would be beneficial.
We are committed to be an inclusive and diverse company, to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that we retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs.
Solid Recruitment (Netherlands) is an international recruitment agency which offers unique career opportunities in the real estate sector.
If you are interested in this position you can send your application to Jaron Bollegraaf (email@example.com) and for questions you can contact Jaron Bollegraaf on this number +31(0)6-43038333.